International Primary Curriculum
At Optimist International School children experience and explore the world around them through a comprehensive, thematic, creative curriculum. International Primary Curriculum, or IPC, lays out a clear process of learning and specific goals for every subject. It aims to develop international mindedness and encourages personal learning through the development of eight personal goals: enquiry, resilience, morality, communication, thoughtfulness, cooperation, respect and adaptability.
Why we use IPC:
- IPC is flexible and can be adapted to children’s interests and level of understanding
- It links learning of difficult subjects in a creative and engaging way
- IPC helps engage children with learning and makes learning meaningful
- It Introduces children to self-assessment to help them understand their level of skills and knowledge
- IPC encourages collaboration and reflection
International Early Years Curriculum
Recognizing best practices in early childhood education, the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) is a research-based curriculum geared towards the developmental needs of children 2-5 years old. It supports learning through enquiry and play-based approaches that cover all curriculum areas including personal, social and emotional development.