Winter Wonderland across NL
During the months November through to January there are many great Winter Wonderland festivities happening across the Netherlands, which we wanted to share with you.
By Manon Blaxland, Communications and PR
If you like to stroll through a Christmas markets to find out gifts for family or friends, enjoy some of the winter special foods and drinks, then make sure to check out the Christmas markets in places such as Valkenburg, Maastricht, The Hague, Leiden, Amsterdam Haarlem and more. Besides the Christmas markets, town squares are also being transformed into ice rinks
So get ready to grab your coat, winterboots, rug up and get into the winter wonderland spirits and block your diaries!
Below are a number of website with great information.
- Christmas Markets in and around Amsterdam including the Ice *Village Amsterdam
- Nostalgic Christmas Market in Leiden
- Best Christmas Markets in The Netherlands; Valkenburg, Maastricht, The Hague, Gouda, Utrecht and many many more…
- Winter Beach cafes; to know which beach cafes are open in Zandvoort (A’dam beach) in the winter, you can check out the ‘Liefs uit Zandvoort’ website
- Liefs uit Haarlemmermeer: they don’t have any info up about Christmas as the Sinterklaas celebrations are still happening but a good website to follow for local information (in Dutch)
Happy Festive Season!