Due to the continued growth of our school, we have a job opportunity for an experienced Teaching Assistant at our school.
Optimist International School has a diverse international multilingual team of teachers and teaching assistants. We are looking for an optimistic passionate team player who is fully committed to our school vision.
We seek applications from candidates who possess the following qualities:
- have worked within an international school environment in a teaching or teaching assistant capacity with applicable teaching qualifications (DUO would be preferred) and experience.
- knowledge of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the British curriculum
- an innovative and creative teaching assistant with an understanding of inquiry-based learning
- experience in differentiating to accommodate the different levels
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team of a school in a start-up phase.
- stimulating the students to learn how to learn.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to function well within a team.
- flexible and open to new ideas
- flexible team player – sense of humour
- good ICT skills
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds and gearing your teaching towards students with many different social, emotional and educational needs.
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning
- DUO accreditation within teaching profession and prior experience as a teaching assistant is an advantage.